I love kit building and I am on the design team for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge project. We take an inspiration kit each month and proceed to replicate it, or as we say, counterfeit it. This is a free, friendly group that helps inspire you to use up supplies you already own. We are not about needing to buy the latest and greatest thing (though we won’t stop you if you enjoy new crafty goodies😉 ).
You can see my process video or keep reading for the blog version of the info.
The color palette was too autumnal for me, so I focused my choices on patterns in the kit and used colors that were more to my mood. You can see that direction in my paper choices here.
From there I pulled embellishments. I added in more stars, which was the first thing I was drawn to when building this kit. I also had several pieces from the inspiration kit itself. I know I won’t use all those pieces due to the color palette, but I can pick and choose what works for me.
There is a tradition over at CKC of titling our kits just like companies do. So I’m calling mine Star Struck.
I hope you can follow along with the other designers to see how they built their kits.
Here’s the full hop link list
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge – https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Cindy – https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
- Julene – http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
- Juliet – https://www.instagram.com/julesd/
- Leslie –http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
- Lisa – http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com
- Tina – http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
- Tara – https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
Have fun kit building and don’t forget to show off your stuff over on the CKC Facebook group, or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge or use #counterfeitkitchallenge.
One last thing before you go… I was also inspired by several things in this kit to create on my own. So join me next time when I show you some product “forgeries”! Until then, have an artful day.