It is free sketch time!
I’ve got a new 12×12 scrapbook layout sketch up for you here on the blog. Normally I’d use this sketch to show you a take on it for a layout, but a few things happened that made me take this sketch into a card making direction instead.
- I’ve already done a process video for this sketch. (In fact I based the sketch off of this project to begin with!)
- I created that project as a scraplift of myself from several years ago
- I wanted to do something different.
- I took a card making class recently and was feeling inspired to make cards!
Thus this adaptation was born. First let’s take a look at the sketch and the supporting layouts that inspired this sketch.
So here is the sketch you can download it directly here in a photoshop format or a printable pdf format or you can head to the Freebies tab above to see this and many more sketches available for download. This sketch came out of the layout below that I created for the ScrapHappy.org membership group blog post.
And in turn this layout was scraplifted from myself. I made the original layout below many years ago and it has remained one of my favorites.
And here is the layout process for the most recent project.
With that out of the way I wanted to move on to another project… adapting this sketch to card making. I used the same idea of angles, but inked and stamped them instead of using paper. I repeated the greeting instead of using three photos and I embellished with smaller items instead of layered clusters. And just like that, a card is born! Hope you enjoy a view of these cards and the products used are listed below.
- Concord & 9th rainbow stamp
- Concord & 9th thanks die set
- Distress Oxide ink, Faded Jeans (blue)
- Distress Oxide ink, Kitsch Flamingo (pink)
- Distress Oxide ink, Spiced Marmalade (orange)
- Water drop embellishments
- Blending brushes
- Clear drying liquid glue
- Fine tip for glue
- ATG adhesive refills
- Jewel Picker
- narrow washi tape