I have so many projects planned for this weekend and here it is Sunday early afternoon already. I don’t think I am going to get them all done. Well, here is the next one for you. I’m hoping I’ll have some more by this evening. We’ll see how it goes.
This one is for the Paper Variety weekly challenge. This time it is to use stitching (machine, hand or faux). Since I am a sewer this one was easy for me! I decided to use the stitching as a focal point instead of just an embellishment on something. So I made this cheery card. Enjoy!
cardstock, inks, aqua painter: Stampin’ Up
watercolor paper: Strathmore
liquid applique, marker: Marvy
thread: Coats and Clark (multicolor thread)
metallic ink: Tsukineko
other: sealant spray
- Cut watercolor paper to card-front size (here 4×5.25).
- On back of watercolor paper, draw rainbow lines going in the opposite direction you want the finished rainbow to be.
- Stitch over your lines with a multicolor thread. This will give an interesting effect and prevent you from needing to change threads for each arch.
- Cut a cloud shape from water color paper and apply liquid applique in a thick layer. Allow to dry over night. Heat with a heat gun to get the bubbly raised texture. Add gray watercolor highlights.
- On front of rainbow card-front, add water color detail to sky.
- Hand cut sun, add watercolor detail and apply to card-front. Layer cloud with pop dots over sun.
- Roll craft stick in metallic ink and seal (that ink rubs off if you don’t seal it!). Allow to dry.
- Hand cut flag, add sentiment and ink edges.
- Apply craft stick to card with glue. Add flag with pop dot.
- Adhere card-front to folded card.
4 thoughts on “Weekend update #2”
Love this card, Misty! That stitched rainbow is a wonderful idea and that puffy clous is the coolest! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety!
hi Misty! Your rainbow card is awesome!! I love that you used multi-colored thread for the rainbow!! Brilliant! The cloud is very cool too. Thanks for the directions and thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety! 🙂 🙂
Hi Misty!!! Love the rainbow made with the stitching lines! So awesome and very creative!! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!!!
Oh, wow. That is ADORABLE! I love it. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.