Wowza. Another new month is here. This last part of the season has just whipped by and I don’t feel like I’ve given my previous kits enough love. Sigh. But time progresses and so do I. With that, lets move on to my new kit as part of the design team for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge project. If you are new to CKC, we take an inspiration kit each month and proceed to replicate it, or as we say, counterfeit it. This is a free, friendly group that helps inspire you to use up supplies you already own. We are not about needing to buy the latest and greatest thing (though we won’t stop you if you enjoy new crafty goodies😉 ).
Let’s welcome our guest designer Machelle Willing to the team for November. She’s been around the CKC block before so she will bring her experience to the team again this month.
Our inspiration kit this time around is the October Kit, Herbstzauber (NOTE: the kit has been removed from the company site so please check out their main site listed next…) offered by a German company called Scrapbook Werkstatt. This kit is centered around product by PinkFresh Studio, Maggie Holmes and Paige Evans, all of which I have used in the past. I had to dig in my stash to see what I may have still had on hand from these pieces vs what I’d need to replicate.
Before we get to my kit, let’s peek at most of the inspiration pieces.
For my build I started with the same PinkFresh paper line and it turns out that I had a partial sheet of the ticket style print to tuck in my kit. I added in a map print based on the inspiration. Next came a jumbo text print from Shimelle to take the place of the word print from PinkFresh. Then a bunch of decisions had to be made to get to the final paper selection (see the video below for all the details!)
Next up was embellishments. As last month was a jumbo embellishment month, I kept things calmer this time. I drew very heavily from the inspiration in pulling these bits together. Notice I’ve got blank wood buttons in my kit. I bet you know I’m going to dress those up somehow for the Forgery on the Fourth project at CKC. Just a little hint for you!
Okay. That is my kit. Now… there is a tradition over at CKC of titling our kits just like companies do. I had a hard time finding the right name. I’m going to call this one Across the Seasons since I brought in more springy purples and green as well as richer autumnal yellows and blues.
If you want to see my thoughts behind my kit choices, check out my kit build video.
I hope you can follow along with the other designers and see how they interpreted their own kits.
Here’s the full hop link list
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge – http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer – Machelle Willing – https://www.smalltownscrap.com/blog/
- Cindy – https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
- Julene – http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
- Laura – https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/
- Leslie – http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
- Lisa – http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com
- Tara – https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com
- Tina – http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
Have fun kit building and don’t forget to show off your stuff over on the CKC Facebook group, or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge or use #counterfeitkitchallenge.
I’ll be back on the 4th, for our Product Forgeries using those blank buttons. Until then, have an artful day!
- Maggie Holmes map paper: https://shrsl.com/3rvg1
- PinkFresh Studio ticket print paper: https://shrsl.com/3rvgr
- other options in the PinkFresh “Life Right Now” line: https://shrsl.com/3rvgv
- Paige Evans puffy stickers: https://shrsl.com/3rvgy
- Paige Evans 2×2 paper booklets: https://shrsl.com/3rvh2
- more from Paige’s “Wonders” line: https://shrsl.com/3rvh5
- Wood Buttons: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VX7PDSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
** Disclaimer: I offer affiliate shopping linked products when possible. This shopping won’t cost you anything extra, but I get a small kick back from the companies for sending business their way. It is an easy way to tell me “Thank You” for the content I provide. I appreciate you using my links!