I’ve been using a Carpe Diem (A5 size) planner for a little over a year. I have not fallen in love with it.
I tried first to use it as a calendar planner, but I really prefer Google’s calendars where I can sync with and coordinate with my family’s calendars also.
I tried using it as a personal journal. I found the pressure to keep up with decorating it counterproductive to the emotional release journaling provides.
But I like the physical binder. I want to use it. So now I have repurposed it as my YouTube project binder. I’d been keeping lists of projects in a note taking app and that was actually not working well for me. Cross referencing projects with my calendar was annoying. Keeping one long list of to-do items wasn’t convenient for moving items around. And my individual check list for each video just took up too much note space. Yes I realize I may need a different digital solution but… why not try a physical product I already own first.
That being said, I was lacking a reproducible to-do checklist for my binder. So I made one. You can check out my YouTube video coming soon that includes this item (among others). I’ve made this checklist generic and am offering it for you to download if you are looking for something like this. I’ve got the Excel version and a .pdf version as well.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS FILE
- Set all page margins to 0.75 inches.
- If you are using the XLS file, print “Sheet 1” only… as many copies as you like.
- If you are using the PDF file, print as many copies as you’d like.
- Trim the 8 1/2 inch width down to 8 5/16 inches.
- Turn sideway and cut sheet in half at 5 1/5 inches.
- Hole punch according to We R Memory Keepers Carpe Diem A5 size.