I got fewer layouts done this year than I normally would. The difference was twofold.
- I didn’t pack kits for each layout like I would normally do. This meant I was spending more time browsing through supplies to come up with ideas (see post #3 and #4 to see how my thought processes played out).
- The scrap space was full and I had to share a table with other people. That meant I was chatting more with people. It was a good trade off as I had fun getting to know some people who turned out to be really local to me!
It is okay that the quantity wasn’t there. I’m happy with what got made and I had a good time. Scrapping is so much more for me than just the final product.
For this layout it was all about theme. The photo represents characters from a WiiU game called Splatoon. That game is all about paint. So, yes I used painting techniques for this layout. Ink puddles and ink splatters were the focus. I wanted a lot of contrast and happened to have a bold, black alpha for my title. I went with that and matted my photo in black as well. Then I added red as another smaller, yet still high contrast element to finished it off. These high contrast pieces actually help the colors pop more than they would have otherwise.
Had I planned things better I would have used watercolor paper as the base for this layout. This cardstock did not hold up well to all the water I put on it and it buckled. It isn’t the fault of the paper; that just isn’t what it was meant to do. But again, I went rolled with what I had on hand. Like I said at the start of this post, it isn’t always about the finished product!
- cardstock: Bazzill
- ink: Ranger
- large font: Studio Calico
- small font: Simple Stories
- stickers: Me & My Big Ideas, Simple Stories
- epoxy stickers: Eyelet Outlet
- cork stickers: Hello Forever
- washi tape words, enamel dots: random stash